Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

That's right. Today (okay, tomorrow, but I probably won't get a chance to get on here tomorrow) is the day that I hit a new decade. I am now

Yip-a-freakin-yee.

Really, thirty isn't that bad. Mathematically*, it's a smaller number than 29. Watch:

[3 + 0 = 3] < [2 + 9 = 11]

[3 x 0 = 0] < [2 x 9 = 18]

[(3)0 =0] < [ (2)9 = 512]

And here, 30 manages to stay positive when 29 folds in to the pressure and goes all negative on you:

[3 - 0 = 3] vs. [2 - 9 = -7]

See? 30 wins every time!
I feel younger already.

What I normally would do on a day like today is make a big batch of something chocolate and make friends eat it with me, but since that’s not working out this year (I tried shoving the chocolate muffins into the computer, and though I have chocolate smears all over the screen, I still can’t get the darned things to upload—and now Jeff just walked in and is wondering why I’m licking the computer screen. I also tried to stuff them into envelopes and mail them, but they just wouldn’t FIT, and the mailman threatened to call Homeland Security if I tried to make him deliver them), I had to think of something else.

So, I’m going to share with you some of my favorite ways to waste time on the Internet. There. That's more than enough ways to waste your time. Really wish you could be here to enjoy these muffins, though...

*I may never have mentioned this, but math wasn't exactly...er, my best subject. I hate that there was only one right answer. Life isn't like that, so what gives math the right to be so priggish? One right answer, indeed!

13 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Hope it was a super-fan-diddily-astic day for ya. =)

And by the way, you're just the leeeetlest bit evil, sharing all those luverly links.

And you enjoy it, don't you? =P

Anonymous said...

Oh no oh no I missed it, and I even remembered it was coming up, and... darn. I hope it was great.

Now you're one of us.

One of us! One of us!

Elizabeth-W said...

Glad you're still not dead. Did you ever see I did a post for you in your honor about that?
I love the lip balm guy!! And I agree with Kimmy---you're very bad.
Happy Burp-Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Freak'n birthday Wynne. I want one of your chocolate muffins and almost am willing to get in my car and drive to WA and get one.

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday! Did you get to do anything cool to celebrate?
I told Tyler that you are "30" now and he said "Oh my Gosh!"
I think he is impressed. I am too. :)

Marie said...

Hippy Barfday to the muskiest of muskadillos! Welcome to my decade, and make yourself at home! We can pick the gray hairs off each other!

I've been meaning to go to the Mike the Headless Chicken Festival for a few years now -- wanna road trip it with me next year?

Thank you so so much for the silly walk generator -- I might have to call in sick tomorrow. And I thought I knew all things Python.

Eat an extra muffin for me, okay?

Melissa said...

Happy late late late birthday! :) Hope it was fantastic!
Oh, and your math skills amaze me! Welcome to the wonderful world of 30 (I turned 30 in December...)

Amanda said...

Ummm, you lost me with the math! I am scared of numbers especially when you start adding + and () and other stuff like that! :)

But enough about me....HAPPPYYY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOUUUU!!!!! a little late, sorry!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wynne! Happy Birthday! It's Natalie. Meghan told me you had a blog, so I had to check it out! I have been totally entertained so far! I just started blogging. I'm an addict!

I hope everything is going okay with your house. I didn't even know you were moving!

Anonymous said...

hi wynne: happy birthday to you, you are so cool! i'm glad you are back and of course i remember you! how could i forget wild unforgetable nice and fun wynne?! the math part cracked me up.

hey, i am back from my motorhome road trip. come and see me. chow baby, kathleen :)

wynne said...

kim--yeah. I have to keep my horns sharp and polished somehow, don't I?

pandy--now we're even. After all, didn't I completely forget yours?

elizabeth--I did see it! But just. Ah, Bruce.

tirzah--thanks! (Does anyone ever call you "Rah" for short?)

kristine--I still have some if you want one. They're in the freezer, so they'll still be good by the time you get here.

meghan--thanks! And he's probably not impressed--probably shocked that someone could be so old. 30 to a 4-year-old must seem ancient.

marie--y'know, I think I'd skip the headless chicken festival in favor of something llama-licious. Know of anything good? But where ever we go, I'd roadtrip it with you anytime. (Especially if there were bears involved! Ha!)

melissa--happy late b-day to you, then. And thanks!

amanda--I lost myself with the math, too. It was all fictional, anyway. I don't really think I can prove that 30 is smaller than 29 because I just don't have the skills...oh well. Who wants math skills, anyway?

natalie? Well, hello, and welcome to my weird on the web. Guess I'll have to click on over to yours as well! Give me a minute...

kathleen--Hooray! You're back! I'll be by just as soon as I can!

Christina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Did you get my silly/lame (lilly?) e-card for your birthday? I hope so. Sorry that that's all I got around to doing. Stupid, stupid! At least we'll have Centralia!

Watch your mail, though.

Oh, and thanks for helping me move my boring work-day along more swiftly! Hooray for time-wasters!