Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm Not Gonna

I suppose I could write about the flood aftermath today. Heaven knows I have enough material for 15 posts. I could.

But I will not.

Because I don’t want to. There is so much seriousness in it, and I am so tired of the seriousness and the overwhelming and depressing magnitude of it all. We need more levity. (Did you know that I keep a blog primarily to have a place for my Sense of the Silly to range free? To give it a place where it is at liberty to frolic and play in any way it so desires? Look at it now: it has donned a glittery tutu, vampire fangs, and has a creamsicle stuck to its head. Look at it pirouette, leap, and guzzle bacon fat! Oh, the joy! Oh the warm fuzzies!)

Free, free at last!

See, seriousness can wear you out if you have to do it too much. My alter-ego, Woman-Who- Induces-Coma- in-Random-Passerby-with-Her-Super- Seriousness-and-Monosyllabicity, has had the reins the past week or so, and I'm worn out. She has served her purpose, and is absolutely necessary as I've been out trying to serve the community, but it is time to draw her in, lock her up for the night*, and let the muskadillo roam.

Commentator: There: look! The muskadillo has tied up Super-serious woman with her own tongue and is spraying her with its noxious scent! What a bold move for the muskadillo! What's this? What's this? Super-serious woman is trying to lecture the muskadillo, but is prevented because of her own tongue being wrapped around her body! The muskadillo knows it and dancing a jig on her head. I do believe this is a clear victory for the muskadillo. Yesyeslook! He is beginning to sing his wild musky song!

Muskadillo:
Oh, say have you heard
Where the muskrat leaves turds
There roams the wild muskadillo

It may sound absurd
But the lines are all blurred
Between it and a pad of brillo

Oh, dillo, dillo, oh-dey, dillo-dillo!
The call of the wild muskadillo!
It cries
La-di-freakin'-da!
And
Just five more minutes, ma!
And
Get your arse away from my pillow!

Craaaaaazy cow


More non-flood-related posting to immediately follow this bit of randomness. Read on.

*Super-serious woman will be back to write more about the flood and the wonderful positive experiences that have come from it, blah blah blah, but not today. She’ll probably come back when everyone has stopped caring about the flood. But, after all, that is why she is who she is.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flooding is sad.

I will not comment further or make any decapitation jokes.

Melissa said...

I love the muskadillo! I'm glad you're takin the time to be a tad on the silly side... just a tad...

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

The world needs more laughter. Good on ya!

Super Happy Girl said...

Muskadillo!!!
MUUUUUSSSSSKAAAAADDDDIIIILLLLOOOOO!!!!!!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I would like to give super serious woman a wedgie.

Welcome back WYNNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean Knee said...

that's some tongue.

seriously

Elizabeth-W said...

I love that sweetie cow! If I could have a pet that I didn't have to feed or clean up after, I'd have a cow.

wynne said...

leo--you may make any kind of joke you wish. Er, I think...and flooding isn't too bad. Mostly, it's the nasty muck that is left behind that is sad.

melissa--it could not be helped. It was either that or explode. Or give some poor, hard-working guy from the United Way moose ears when his back was turned. And we all know that wouldn't be nice.

kimberly--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I agree.

NCS--eeeeennnnn ssssseeeeee eeeesssss! YES!

elastic--I'm sure if you did, she would say, "Ow. Please stop," in a monotone voice. She would not twitch or scream, just calmly wait until you were done. Then she would straighten out her underoos, sniff, and stare at you. Really, it's no fun antagonizing people who give you no REACTION. *sigh*

jean knee--*snort* uh, yeah. It is. (You made me laugh, thanks)

EEEElizabeth--are you sure? I mean, imagine the cute beastie in your kitchen, swatting imaginary flies and--whoops!--didn't mean to knock those glasses to the floor--and MOOO--scaring the life outta your 4-year-old. And what if she wants to lie down on your sofa? Or sleep in your bed? Hmm.

Lisa said...

I've been thinking about you. I hope things are getting a lot better.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

you are something else. this post cracked me up! i love that you have a place to let out the wild funny sense of humor of you.

Marie said...

I read this posting when you wrote it and felt that in my fried-neurons Christmastime state I was unfit to give it a proper response. So here, now, is my proper response:

OOOOEEEEE for the Muskadillo!! Long may it wreak razzledazzle on the too-serious world!

I love your serious side, too, but that muskadillo is just so sparkly, and I'm a sucker for sparklies.