Sunday, December 16, 2007

Something I'm Happy About

For those of you who have reading about my house-sprucing adventures (i.e., Me vs. The Rental From HELL), I would like to show you evidence of a brilliant stoke on my part to beat at least a portion of this house into submission. I present to you a before-and-after picture set:

BEFORE


This isn't a true before picture: after all, the walls are already painted and the carpet was replaced. You should have SEEN the walls. Yellowish-brown with smoke. And you could see exactly where pictures had been hanging.


AFTER



And now I'm going to bed. Write in another...who knows? two weeks? (sniff)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is awesome!!! The fireplace looks amazing and I love how you've decorated it!
But, uh, I notice that the man child is not in the second picture... you didn't get rid of him with the old carpet, did you? ;)

Super Happy Girl said...

Way to go!!! That looks really great!
We rented a house once that had that same before fireplace. And that's the way it stayed.

Elizabeth-W said...

That is just beautiful!!

wynne said...

Thanks, ladies. And, NCS, normally I wouldn't do jack squat in a rental. It's a waste of money. And yet, this house...well, it wasn't really livable. It was disgusting. Foul. Broken. Overgrown. The landlord said he'd pay for all supplies, so I've been goin' to town. No idea how much money I've made him spend on this wreck, but it's easily in the thousands. And boy, does he deserve it!