Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boy Caught with Pants Down, Mother Laughs Earlier this week, a young 4-year-old was attempting to use the toilet when his mother laughed at him. Fortunately, the boy was too groggy to register the fact, and will not be scarred as an adult as a result of the incident. "He had been really sick for a day or two with a fever and bad congestion. When he started crying about an hour after we put him down, we were worried that he was going to hurl or something," the father tells reporters. "I went in to see what was wrong, but he was too loopy from the medication to tell me." At this point, the boy's mother guided him to the bathroom to wipe the snot off his face, and the boy (who had been screaming and howling horribly up to this point), automatically pulled down his pants and used the potty, crying the entire time. "After he was finished, he reached for some toilet paper to...uh, dry the dew from his lily, and it was at that point..." the boy's mother tells us, but she breaks off due to a fit of the giggles. "Well, he was so out of it that he used the same bit of toilet paper to wipe his nose, and then he threw it into the sink instead of the trashcan or toilet," she sputters. "He was very groggy," the boy's father explains, who also laughed at his son. "It is a regrettable incident, of course," the father tells reporters, "and one we hope will never be repeated." "But you should have seen his face," the shameless mother snorts. Thankfully, once the boy had relieved himself, he quieted immediately and went to bed. As for the laughing parents, justice was served by both mother and father catching the same illness. Both are currently miserable, but the boy is feeling much better and not allowing either of them to rest. Mormon Missionaries Mocked Again When LDS missionaries left the church building in Centralia, WA, last Sunday, they were shocked to find that some unknown party had vandalized their car. "You just aren't safe anywhere anymore. If your car isn't safe in a church parking lot, where will it be safe?" one Elder mused. The vandals had used soap to write such phrases as "Just Married" on the back window, "True Love," on the front, and marked the rest of the windows with hearts and flowers. When asked whom the Elders thought had vandalized their car, one Elder said, "Now that is a good question!" They have no idea who the perpetrators may have been. Unfortunately for the missionaries (but rather to the amusement of everyone they passed), they were forced to drive their car home in this condition. Damage was estimated to be at a loss of 15 minutes for cleaning the film off the windows, but the estimated cost of snickers from passerby, priceless. Woman Does NOT Meet Other Woman She Met Online Today Centralia resident Wynne Urien, traveling with her son, returns home from Seattle where they were visiting with family members. "Originally, we were supposed to be up there for four days, but my son got sick, so we didn't go up until yesterday." Urien's plan had been to meet up with a fellow blogger while she was in the Seattle area, but her plans were further complicated by her contraction of the same illness that her son had. (See related story, "Boy Caught with Pants Down, Mother Laughs") "We came home again on Sunday, and I considered dropping by her [the fellow blogger's] home, but decided not to because I didn't have directions, she would probably have been at church at the time, and snot was raining from my nose. I don't think she would have appreciated me dripping on her children." Urien further explains, "Well, she didn't exactly know I was going to be there. The only notice I gave her was an obnoxious comment on a blog posting, and I don't even know that she read it. I should have emailed her," she sighs. When questioned about how she felt about this near miss, the online friend, a Mrs. Carrot Jello, replied, "Frankly, I'm quite relieved. When you make a friend online, you never know what you're going to get: a flatulent bean-eating Texan? A tiny shopaholic sushi addict? And then when you meet them in real life, well...the weird only gets weirder. I mean, have you read her blog? The girl is a complete psycho, and she never explains what a muskadillo is. And how did she get my address, anyway? I think she's stalking me."

13 comments:

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Phew! I had a second or two of panic before the facts added up and didn't equal me as the blogger friend. I mean to just have a snotty muskadillo show up at your house is a bit frightening.
Sorry to hear you guys have been ill and in such heat! Ick! (Yes 80+ degrees is "HEAT" to us in the Pacific NW!)

Super Happy Girl said...

Ooh, you made it to the front page Wynne (if that's even your real name)Can I get your autograph?

I have been to Carrot's home, I was blindfolded and sworn to secrecy (I'll never tell Carrot!!) all this after passing a rigorous background check and a psychological exam.
Better luck neext time.

Super Happy Girl said...

HEY!! I am NOT addicted.
I can quit any old time I want to.
I just don't want to right now.

PS: It's all true about the Texan (I'll never tell EWBL!!)

Melissa said...

It's a good thing those Mormon Missionaries weren't down here in good old California... people probably would have cheered!
I'm sorry you're so sick!! I hope that you're feeling better soon and that someday you will get the chance to meet Carrot. I have often wanted to meet up with blogging buddies...but it just doesn't happen. Maybe someday!

Jean Knee said...

well well, foiled for laughing at your son hey?
dang I laugh at my Lean all the time, I've got some coming to me it seems

Carrot Jello said...

Always call Carrot before you "Drop By".
Always.
Carrot would have hunted you herself had you told her where you were staying.
She is not afraid of sickness.

Word verification: damfdy

wynne said...

adri--No, I've already met you. And, luckily for you, I don't have your address. You're safe from muskadillos with nose leaks.

NCS--Yeah, the only way I can make it to the front page is if I write the paper myself. It's true. And the first sign of an addict is denial, isn't it?

melissa--Tell me about it. Do you remember that I ALMOST met you once, but was prevented from doing so because we were moving? So far, I'm 0 for 5 with this "meeting your blogging buddies in real life" stuff. I think a higher power keeps interceding to keep you all safe. From me.

jean knee--Yeah, it'll come back to get you. It always does. Karma.

carrot--*sigh* So close...I really should have emailed you, and at least got your phone number. But you know what? I'm scared, I really am. I'm pretty sure that if you meet me in the real world, you will throw rotten vegetables at me. AND I'm lousy on the phone, and a mouth-breather. Ask EW. She knows.

Anonymous said...

Snotty muskadillos and their offspring (what do you call a little muskadillo? muskadillet? muskadilling?) would be a welcome sight on my doorstep. If you're ever in Italy. Y'know. I'm just sayin'.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Carrot would have made you feel totally comfortable. She did that for me too. The day after I met her she sprawled across the bed, smiled and tooted. See? She tooted to make me feel more at ease and at home. That's what good friends do. They will give you their heart as well as fart their hearts out, just for you!

Christina said...

I suppose it's a good thing I'm not a mom yet, because I don't know how I would have kept from laughing!

And I know that I'm nowhere near your driving route, but snotty muskadillos, spouses and offspring are all welcome at my place anytime! All the time, in fact!

Christina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a fabulous day! :)

Marie said...

You are a wretched human being, vandalizing the Elders' car. (If I come visit you, will you take me with you??) I don't even care if you drip on me.

Unknown said...

W ~ priceless. wish you could have met up with your net-to-net buddy though.

take care girl, kathleen :)