Monday, November 24, 2008

gratitude

I've got an awful lot to be grateful for. For example, did you know that chocolate did not EXIST in the solid bar form prior to 1830? That's right. People just drank it, like coffee. Sad.

I am also extremely grateful for electricity, which makes other wonderful things such as central heat, air conditioning, refrigerators, and computers possible. I mean, where would I be without my electric throw wrapped around me as I type this? And microwaves make hot chocolate just about instant, which is a wonderful thing on a chilly night like this. (It's been below freezing.)

Also, deodorant and toothpaste. Need I say more? Yes. I am grateful for soap. Scented, bubbly soap that does not smell like lard or ash (which is what soap used to be made of...though I don't know if I believe it...)

I'm grateful for great big things, things like health--mine and other family members--and the Gospel, and family, and people who set a world's record by making a gigantic cookie.

I'm grateful for silly things, like knock-knock jokes and presidential elections.

And I'm grateful for you. Thanks for stopping by. Here, some more of what I'm grateful for: my digital camera and the beautiful world we live in:




































Happy Thanksgiving!

16 comments:

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Oh Wynne, we are all grateful for you and the blessing your blog is to us.
:D
Did you know blogs were not even in existence before the 1990's? And our social networking was consigned to telephones, letters and actual face to face meetings! Yikes.
Thanks for you.

Jamie said...

Happy Turkey Day! I'm grateful to be able to keep in touch with long lost friends. That is one cute kid at the end. Gorgeous pictures! And stay warm. :)

Kristine said...

Wynne, I really should have taken photography lessons from you while you lived close by. You are amazing. I loved the waterfall and the mushrooms pictures the most.

Please enjoy your instant hot cocoa for me. I actually made some on the stove the other day because it was so cold here.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!!

Meghan said...

Thanks for another awesome post!

Jennifer B. said...

Soooo lovely.

Happy Thanksgiving Wynne!

omar said...

No mention of Jasper?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Marie said...

I'm thankful for Wynne. She is a strange and wondrous apparition in world that is too often uninspired and bland. And I'm with you on the electricity and toothpaste, though I think I could get by in a world that only had lye soap. Then if you didn't smell great, you couldn't be accused of not bathing. "It's not body odor -- it's the soap! I swear!"

Marie said...

Oh, and the pictures are gorgeous. I especially love the Jake in the leaves and the shrooms growing out of the mossy tree.

Millie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

You love color, like I do. :)

Elizabeth-W said...

Beautiful post! My faves were the mommy/baby mushroom and the icicle leaves.
Hope you have a stress-free holiday!

Unknown said...

My favorite part was the gigantic cookie. Seriously, I just spent 15 minutes looking at all the pictures and reading about the oven they built to bake that 100ft wide cookie! Wow! Thanks for enlightening me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wynne! I am thankful that I still know where to find you after oh so many years.

I'm going to pretend I didn't just count those many years though. >_< Eeek!

Jean Knee said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wynne. I survived!!!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm thankful for wind-up sushi. So thankful in fact that I bought some to send to you for Thanksgiving.....until i saw you sent the same thing to NCS and figured you would think I was a lame Wynne-copycat.

So I'm keeping the wind-up sushi for myself to amuse and comfort me while I think up something else to ship to you.

Super Happy Girl said...

Ice on leaves in my favorite.
:)
I am glad you are still here...semi.