Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finished!!

Yeah, so we're in Spokane, and we've been hereoh, I don't know. Two and a half weeks now? And, honestly, I really should've posted a week or more ago (this house is VERY different from the last: all I had to do was unpack boxes. No scrubbing, painting, repairing, installing, or crying. It's a nice house.)

So what have I been doing instead of blogging?

There was a certain book that was released right in the middle of our move, and it took me awhile to get things settled enough where I felt like I could read, and then a little while longer to wait for the book to arriveand to re-read the first three books in the series while I was waiting...WELL, I'M FINISHED NOW!

And, man, what a relief to be finished!

And what book was it?

Oh, I'm sure you can guess.

Here's a hint:


That's right! Breaking WinderDawn (sorry, that's how my husband has been referring to it, and he's started to rub off on me).

So, what did I think? Hmm. Well, here are a few things that crossed my mind while I was reading:

I knew it!

Finally!

Huh?

Didn't see that coming.

Eww. Really wish I hadn't been eating lunch when I read that. Gross.

Well, if she can't blush, I certainly can. Sheesh.

Okay, I did see that one coming.

Yeah, and that, too.

Sure, sure.

So much for my reaction. Mostly, I'm just glad the whole thing is over so I can stop obsessing. It's exhausting to obsess, my husband laughs at me, and the dishes don't get done*.

*Who am I kidding? They don't get done regardless.

20 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

And I was thinking you were going to tell us you were finished unpacking.
At the pool today I saw three grown women reading 'breaking wind'. I am truly the only person in the US that hasn't read these books! And frankly, the more I see the reviews that read much like yours I feel better/relieved that I haven't.
Glad your house is going to be less stressful than the previous one. :D

Melissa said...

I felt a lot the same way... I'm glad it's over. I have no intention of reading Midnight Sun... but I'm sure I'll get sucked in somehow. I usually do. I'm a jellyfish.

Unknown said...

Oh hey there's a book called Breaking Wind? Fantastic!

omar said...

Yeah, I totally would have read the "Breaking Wind" book. Breaking Dawn? [yawn] No thanks.

omar said...

BTW, the title is nice, but the change in the graphic is priceless. Priceless, I say.

Shar said...

Yay! I'm glad you made it to spokane. And that this time moving in was a better experience.

I liked your reactions to the book. I think you summed it up really well and I think mine were about the same. I've started writing a review to post sometime, but it's gotten so big I may need to edit it down.

I think I need to make a trip to Washington.

And thank you for my birthday cake! I loved it. Yumm.

Jean Knee said...

I like Breaking Wind much better for the title.

wynne said...

It's too bad about the graphic--JEff told me that it would have been much better if the...er, poof...came out of the white queen, and the pawn had tipped over in the background.

True.

Would've been funnier. BUT did you notice the annoying reflection the pawn casts on the chessboard?

Too much effort. But if anyone is willing to make it a go...

Suburban Chatterbox said...

Grats on the new place, Wynne dear. I'm glad things went smoothly for you. How is the neighborhood?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Hee hee....my reactions were pretty much the same.

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh again!

Glad your place is not a disaster this time.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I finshed THE Book last week. The typos, left-out words, and spacing mistakes really bugged me. At least someone reigned in Stephenies love of the word "infinitesmally" though. I only saw it once in Breaking Dawn.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I let my daughters read this book before me. I would have torn out the honeymoon pages had I read it first. Stephenie is supporting the pillow industry of America by encouraging readers to emulate her characters and be forced to go have to buy more pillows.

Anonymous said...

Yay for being done moving! It is such a drain on everything!

I still haven't read it. I'm waiting to borrow it from my MIL.

Jean Knee said...

LOL! That was hilarious! You always crack me up!





I really mean that.

Super Happy Girl said...

I thought Finished referred to the NOT blogging.

Hey! S. Meyer has a new book?!?
Sweet. Breaking Wind, what is it about?

Super Happy Girl said...

"Well, if she can't blush, I certainly can. Sheesh."

*Blushes*

Super Happy Girl said...

Ok, so this means you are done taking breaks, moving, getting new callings...

Millie said...

I am totally going after Midnight Sun like it's the last drop of water in the desert.

Glad to see you finished it. :D

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Uh yeah I'm with you.
Oh and you so funnee!
I don't even want to tell other people about The Book because I don't want to have to discuss her obsession... yeah rather keep that to myself and my pillows.
Glad you're settled and safe.