Friday, September 7, 2007

The Neverending Meme

Falcor says: End it already, you dork.
And enough with the copyright infringement already.


Am I ever going to finish this dumb thing? Maybe never. Here are the first two parts, just in case you are ridiculous enough to want to see them: Part the First, Part the Second.

And here we go with Part the Third:

Five snacks you enjoy:

  1. Chocolate dipped in chocolate with a chocolate center
  2. Hot chocolate
  3. Chocolate to dip in chocolate fondue
  4. Do I really have to continue? I LIKE CHOCOLATE A LOT.
  5. See previous answers.
Five songs that you know all the lyrics:

I don't think there is one song in the world that meets this description. See, I am horrid with lyrics. When I cannot remember how a song goes, I inevitably make it up as I go. Let's take a few hymns out of the hymn book for example:

High on the mountain top, a badger chased a squirrel.
He ate up the squirrel, and belched to all the world:

Now I ate that squirrel, I think I'm gonna hurl,
So BLEEUUCHH!! BARRRFF!
(etc.)

Or how about:

Where can I turn for...peas?
Where is my salad?

Where, when my hunger gnaws,
where can I turn?
"

(Here comes the lightning. You better duck, or it will get you, too.)

OH! Wait! I thought of one! "I like Traffic Lights" by Monty Python! (Okay, not really, but it's really easy to make it up as you go, because that's kind of the point of the song.)

Wait, I can think of one more. I worked at Aspen Grove* for one summer, and anytime there was a birthday (which was every day) we sang this song to the person unfortunate enough to be born on that day:

HappyBirthday, happy,HappyBirthday Thisisyourdaysohavealotoffun(boomboomboom) We'reallwaitingforthecelebration, forthecelebrationtobegin soblowoutthecandleonyourcakeandmakeawish serveeverybody'sfavoritedish(favoritefishboomboomboom) HappyBirthday,happy,HappyBirthday, HappyBirthdaytoyooooooooouuuuuu!

And we sang it just like that, loud as possible, and as fast as possible, and I think that there were probably 6 different versions that were all sung at the same time. In other words, no one who ever heard it (the victims whose birthday it was, and anyone else in the vicinity, I mean) actually understood what it was that we were singing. I think that might have been the unspoken goal between us staffers forced to sing it.

That's only four songs, but I'm moving on.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire billionaire gazillionaire:

Oh, I am already sick of this today. I don't knowpay off school loans? Buy a house? Buy Disneyland? How about buying a nature preserve on an island somewhere and bring dinosaurs back to life? I'm sure I could think of many frivolous things to do with that much money, I just don't want to.

Matter of fact, I think Falco is right. I need to end this right now. Hold on, I'm going to go grab something blunt...

Five bad habits:

Blogging. [THUD] Take that, you ridiculous meme! [THUMP] Die, die!

Five things you like doing:

I don't think I even dented it. Let me go get some explosive.

[KABOOM.]

FivE tHinGs yoU wOUld nEveR wEaR agAIn:

Wow. This doesn't want to die. Maybe I can kill it with sarcasm?

  1. Any item of clothing that got fish guts smeared on it.
  2. Any item of clothing that had any part of any dead animal smeared on it. Especially if I had been rolling in said dead animal. Why I would be doing that, and how I could stand it, I'm not sure, but I'd burn those clothes.
  3. Diapers.
  4. Um...how about more explosive?

BOOMKABOOM

...F1v3 f*v0r1te t#$s:

I think I got it. That'll teach memes to mess with me.

Perhaps I should have put a warning at the top of this post warning about untoward violence? Hmm...

*Brigham Young University's Family Camp, Aspen Grove. A lot of families, a lot of mormons, plenty of trees, and mountains. Need I say more? Possibly, but I'll save it for another post.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, does that mean no more memes for you ever again? Maybe they learned and will be too afraid to come back!

I usually don't get tagged...maybe because I don't really do very many of them...or maybe because less than 10 people regularly read my blog...

Amanda said...

You showed that meme!

I was excited the very first time I ever got tagged for a meme. After that when I start reading a meme I go to the end first to make sure I wasn't one of the unfortunate chosen. I don't mind doing meme's, on my own.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That was so worth the wait! You're hilarious!

Melissa said...

I'm gonna tag you for every stinkin meme that I come across :) Because your answers make me laugh!
I love Falcor! I just got Neverending Story for my kids a few weeks ago from NetFlix. They kind of liked it. Me? I danced around and sang "And there upon the rainbow...is the answer to our neverending storeeeeee...aaaaah a aaahhh a aaaaah a aaaahaaaa neverending storeeeeee..."

Marie said...

Heh heh -- you funny.

I'm so glad to hear you know "I Love Traffic Lights." How about "Never Be Rude to an Arab"?

I LOVE "Where Can I Turn for Peas." If I find myself coming up with new verses during Testimony Meeting, I'll tell God to send the lightning to YOU.

Your massacred hymns remind me of something I've been meaning to post that would be right up your alley...



(Oh, and nice easteregg links on the busted questions -- I almost missed 'em. Where did you find those fake error pages?)

Anonymous said...

wynne:
you are like no other! so glad that God makes everyone unique for you are so awesome at exceeding that standard. i tagged you for a meme the other day. ha just kidding. thank you for just cracking me up today. i am so glad i happened to find your blog on the LDS roll a few months back for you have brought so much joy and cards and M&Ms to my life, dolphin look a like girl.

you are a rare treat to know,
love ya girl,
kathleen

Jennifer B. said...

Mental note: Do not tag Wynne for future memes.

I just can't condone violence.

Elizabeth-W said...

You definitely are someone I could not sit next to at church. Someone would say something goofy, I'd look at you, you'd make a funny face of some kind, and then I'd laugh out loud.
I have never heard the where is my salad number. Thank you for ruining a perfectly good hymn. Actually feel free to ruin a few more. :)

Anonymous said...

eliz: i would sit next to wynne anyday in church, but yes, it would be hard for me at times to hold in the laughter when i know i would want to giggle. so i would pinch her :)

wynne: you're a riot. and thank you thank you for the AWESOME-IST good mail care package yesterday. what perfect timing and you made me smile and laugh. thank you thank you my friend.

Carrot Jello said...

Only you have the power to end this. Resist the urge to do as you are told when you are tagged. You will feel stronger everytime you do.

wynne said...

tirzah--no. No more memes. I figure I should try everything once, and I've done it. No more!

amanda--yeah, what is with that "tagging" thing? If you fail to respond to the tag, what...is the person going to chase you? Will you be cursed with ten years' bad luck? The meme police will hunt you down and throw you in a cage with nothing but a bone to gnaw on? I say, go ahead and tag me. I will ignore you. What can they do about it?

kimberly--you're making my ears red. (Or were you talking about my appearance? What--are my pants unzipped? Am I wearing my shirt inside-out again? Do I have bits of my dinner stuck between my teeth?)

melissa--thanks, dear. But are you sure you want to do that? doesn't the violence bother you? And when I named the post, I was singing that song. (It was my favorite movie for a year or two in elementary school. I so wanted a Falcor of my own to eat my brothers.)

marie--aw, thanks for finding those! I didn't think anyone would, honestly. I put them in to amuse myself. I just googled "404 message" and found a web site devoted to praising unique 404 error messages.

kathleen--I'm really not that great. Really. Sometimes I snort when I laugh, and I cough in my sleep, and sometimes I pick my toes.

jennifer b--THANK YOU.

elizabeth b--actually, you'd be perfectly safe sitting next to me in church. I'm very well-behaved. If my brain thinks up silly things sometimes and I can't seem to stop it--it's okay. I don't share until after the meeting is over.
But Jeff--!
When I first met him, I thought he was the biggest dork 'cause whenever he caught you praying (say, a silent prayer over you food or something innocent like that) he would sneak up behind you and say in a deep voice, right in your ear, "STOP ASKING ME FOR STUFF." Startles the pants off of you, and if you can continue your prayer after that...well, you must be made of stone. He thinks he is sooo funny.

kathleen--you'd be perfectly safe. I don't make people giggle. Promise.

carrot--I love you more than NCS, I really, really do.

Anonymous said...

wynne:
me, too. sometimes, when i get really worked up, i snort when i laugh, too, and then i laugh more, and the people around me laugh more, too, and then i can't breathe and then my side hurts a little, but sure love moments like that. i'd sit next to you in church anyday girl :) kathleen

Heather O. said...

I wanna hear more about Aspen Grove. We go there every year. For the last 35 years. Yes, I even went there as a baby in utero. We are insane. And very devoted to Aspen Grove. And we sing that birthday song every year, and the other campers look at us like, "How do y'all know this crazy song?"

Lisa said...

I was just checking out your posts since I'm "new". I did this meme a while back and said the same thing about chocolate. Everything dipped in chocolate. Yum!